CoLDS - Ghana
The City of London Dental School (CoLDS) in association with the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration GIMPA is offering a suite of six diplomas in the various dental specialities.
Postgraduate Dean CoLDS Ghana
Dr George Brown, BDS, LDS, RCS(Eng), DGDP(UK)
Doctor Brown qualified from Kings College Dental School in 1990 where he acquired his BDS. He then proceeded to sit for the LDS qualification from the Royal College of Surgeons England. In 1997 he proceeded to acquire further post graduate qualifications, namely the MFGDP. Doctor Brown's interests are in complex restorative procedures with or without implants with an emphasis on aesthetic results
The diploma programmes will be delivered from the Accra Campus over two years and can be taken part time. Each year will consist of three teaching blocks of between three to five days duration dependient upon the course type and module format. Teaching will comprise of both lectures and clinical training from UK based and local experts. Clinical training will be ongoing throughout the course with the support of local specialists in the field and delivered from regional clinical centres. The nature and delivery of the clinical training will vary according to the dental speciality being studied.
- Diploma in Implantology
- Diploma in Endodontology
- Diploma in Periodontology
- Diploma in Oral Surgery
- Diploma in Restorative Dentistry
- Diploma in Orthodontics
Following completion of the diploma students will be able to continue and undertake a MClinDent awarded from a UK University. This will entail an additional year of study and professional project.
Total diploma course fee $18,000 (US), $9,000 for each year of study.
Terms and Conditions
1. Each year's tuition fees can be paid in two instalments of $4,000
2. The first fee of $4,000 has to be paid in full prior to the start of the course each year and the balance three months after the start of the course.
3. Once the programme has commenced no refund of fees will be given
4. Award of the diploma does not permit you to practice in the UK or be accepted as a UK specialist by the GDC
5. Registration on the MClinDent option will entail additional tuition fees