The next clear aligner course begins April 2021 and is expected to complete the course in 18 months.
The course aims to teach the general dentist how to use clear aligner therapy as a tool to improve the treatment outcomes in all aspects of their general dental practice, including aesthetic, periodontal and restorative care.
- Understand orthodontic anatomy and classification
- Assess, diagnose and treatment plan the orthodontic patient suitable for clear aligner therapy
- Understand the biomechanical principles of tooth movement
- Be able to interpret clinical imagery in orthodontic alignment
- Understand the treatment process of clear aligner therapy and materials used
- Know the components of the clear aligner as an orthodontic appliance
- Appreciate different treatment protocols for different malocclusions
- Know how to use computer-assisted technology when planning orthodontic alignment
- Utilise the learning outcomes above to create a portfolio of clinical cases. Mentorship will be provided for case assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, active treatment, finishing, and retention.
Term 1 High-Level Theory
The first term is designed to teach delegates a high level of orthodontic theory and methodology and align themselves with the standardised protocols of the SAFE Orthodontics system. This is delivered by a combination of self-guided learning with online material and live/recorded webinars. 1-1 online mentoring on the student’s own cases will also begin from Day 1.
- For students who require it, there is an opportunity to stop after Term 1 and take an examination for a PG Cert in Clear Aligner Therapy. Students will be eligible to continue their studies for the PG Diploma in a future cohort. The course fee for the PG Cert in Clear Aligner Therapy is £2500.
To provide students with the advanced theoretical and clinical knowledge necessary to undertake the practical and clinical training offered in the later terms of the programme.
Term 2 Practical Training and Clinical Application
The second term covers Occlusion; Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning; Ethical Sales and Consent; Advanced use of the ClinCheck; students own cases;
online presentation of clinical cases and protocols for different malocclusions via live webinars. This will provide the students with clinical examples of how the skills practised and acquired during the residential are applied in the clinic.
The clinical cases will be integrated with Q&A sessions, critical and recommended reading, and thought-share elements. 1-1 online mentoring on the student’s own cases will continue.
There is an optional module to complete an Invisalign Business Development Programme with Jamie Morley of Fitting Leadership and Andy Toy. Suitable for Associates and Practice Owners. It consists of online workshops, practical exercises and online coaching to help you develop a customized plan. (Dates and prices TBC).
Students will acquire the practical skills required to use clear aligner therapy in orthodontic treatment, and learn how to apply them to clinical cases of increasing complexity.
Term 3 Clinical Case Presentation
In Term 3 the focus is on finishing cases, retention, and preparation for final case presentations
There is is MCQ and Short Answer papers as part of the final examination, these can be taken online from anywhere in the world!
1-1 Online mentoring continues throughout this Term. At the end of Term 3 you will prepare your case portfolio by completing 10 case presentations.
There is an optional module to attend a 4 day residential at the City of London Dental School, Southgate. This will include; include Assessment and Treatment Planning (Revision), Occlusion (Revision), Ortho-Restorative/Ortho-Perio with David Bretton, Composite Bonding with Affan Saghir (Dates and prices TBC).
Aim: to integrate all of the learning from Terms 1 and 2 and be able to demonstrate this by successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma Examination
The Diploma has been created by two leading experts in the field of clear aligner therapy education: Dr. Raman Aulakh MOrth BDS PGDip (ClinEd) (Specialist Orthodontist) and Dr. Andy Toy MMedSci (ClinEd) BDS MFGDP(UK) (General Dental Practitioner with a Special Interest in Orthodontics)
£6,500 – Terms 1, 2 and 3 (0% Interest Monthly Instalments available)
Cases Completed by our Students
“I chose the course to improve my clinical skills and knowledge of orthodontics and aligner treatment while still
"I have found this course hugely beneficial! It has improved my assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning skills. I now have more confidence taking on these cases in
"This diploma has given me a huge boost in my confidence in offering Invisalign treatments. I have a much deeper understanding of the principals of orthodontic treatments. I feel I can offer ethical, safe and predictable treatments and would recommend the course to anyone considering offering Invisalign treatments."
“The diploma has given me great confidence in assessing & treating my Invisalign patients. I would recommend it strongly to clinicians at all levels to create a predictable, smooth system for their