The Postgraduate Award scheme
The postgraduate award scheme is designed especially for those dentists considering or intending to introduce more advanced forms or special interest treatment modalities to their general practice and who would like to receive credit for their training. Instruction is informed by General Dental Council’s training standards which require dental surgeons providing advanced treatment receive appropriate training.The postgraduate award scheme facilitates future professional developments and entry into MClinDent courses which deliver an excellent mix of academic and clinical experiences.
Please select your preferred course from the options available on the left.
The postgraduate award programme is formatted to accommodate the busy GDP and consist of ten teaching days delivered once a month usually on a Friday or Saturday. These foundation courses comprise of lectures, demonstrations, facilitating seminars and problem solving clinical sessions.
- A personal approach with tailored pathways geared to individual needs
- Smaller class sizes than the lecture-based environment of larger institutions
- Approachable experienced lecturers able to give a high level of support and guidance
- Practical realistic advice from experienced general dental practitioners who appreciate the realities of modern general practice
- More flexible English language support and assistance for overseas students
- Course fees that are typically lower than those of comparable programmes at traditional institutions
- Flexible, modular training pathways suited to the unique learning requirements of busy in-practice professionals
- Regional teaching centres throughout the UK
- International links with other schools and universities
- Compliant programmes - curriculum informed by current best evidence and guidelines recognised by our professional bodies