Why should I enroll on the Postgraduate Diploma?
- To develop your implant practice and develop valuable transferable treatment planning skills.
- To enhance your CV - particularly important if you wish to follow a career in academia.
- The postgraduate award is awarded by The City of London Dental School accredited by the University of Bolton.
Who Should Attend?
- If you feel you want to learn A to Z of Dental Implantology from Diagnosis & Treatment planning to execution of the case seamlessly.
- if you want to master the surgical and prosthetic skills needed for delivering what you promised.
- If you already place dental implants but want to understand the evidence based approach complying with GDC guidelines and medicolegal requirements.
Opportunity for further professional development
The 2 year part time implant year course offers access to supervised clinical training and is a foundation programme for the MClinDent in Implant Dentistry so giving the opportunity to further expand and develop your clinical skills. It meets all current training requirements and offers the opportunity for mentored clinical training.
How much time is involved?
The programme involves 7 modules spread over 2 years ( 5 days per module).
This year course blends theory with clinical participation and comprises of 30 teaching days, each of which is based on a specific theme that underpins the safe practice of implant dentistry. Through lectures, group work, discussions and hands-on experience on models, pig jaws/ goat jaws & live patients, participants are introduced to the concept of osseointegration and are given a clinical overview of the surgical and restorative techniques in the implant dentistry.
The themes cover topics such as oral anatomy, surgical techniques and pathological processes occurring in jaws relevant to implant dentistry, physiology of bone healing, osseointegration and factors necessary for success, patient selection, clinical assessment and conditions that contraindicate implant treatment. Also covered are oral radiology and CB computer imaging along with the ability to accurately interpret radiographs and CT scans, the healing processes following implant surgery and potential complications, restorative and laboratory techniques together with the very latest CADCAM and digital manufacturing applications. Long-term requirements for implant maintenance and oral care and the medicolegal implications and limitations of implant dentistry are also incorporated. The hands on experience ranges from CBCT interpretation to surgical & prosthetic skills for implant placements, soft tissue/hard tissue grafting, sinus augmentation, all -on-4 & all-on-6 concepts, implants in the aesthetic zone and full mouth rehab with implants.
Course Director: Dr. Sagar J. Abichandani
Dr. Sagar Abichandani is the Managing Director OF Silverline Dent & Care Solutions Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai. He has finished his Masters Degree in Prosthodontics from SDM college of dental sciences & hospital, Dharwad after finishing his BDS from Mumbai. He has also finished post graduation in Restorative & Aesthetic Dentistry from the school of dentistry, University of Manchester. He has also finished his Clinical Mastership in Oral Implantology from Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine. He has the distinguished honour of receiving numerous prestigious awards globally in addition to lecturing, conducting course worldwide.
- Patient selection and implant related anatomy
- Generic implant design features
- Requirements for tissue integration
- The implant protected occlusion
- The identification and management of complications
- The changing paradigms of implant dentistry
- Hard tissue management
- Soft tissue management
- The multiple implant support
- Aesthetic considerations in implant dentistry
- Troubleshooting & clinical tips