MClinDent inRestorative and Cosmetic Dentistry
This MSc comprises multiple modules that may be taken as individual programmes offering flexible training that encompasses periodontology, prosthodontics, endodontics and cosmetic dentistry. Uniquely it also includes units on facial aesthetics and orthodontics which are essential elements of any successful cosmetic practice. This programme is perfect for anyone who wants to increase the range of restorative options they can offer patients. It equips you with the confidence, theoretical knowledge and practical expertise in restorative dentistry essential to deliver restorative excellence.
- The programme provides students with the opportunity to develop advanced restorative skills on actual patients under one-to-one supervision
- Students will be required to complete ten restorative cases leading to the award of the MSc in Restorative and Cosmetic Dentistry. One of the cases will entail the treatment planning and restoration of a dental implant
- The programme incorporates training in advanced restorative techniques on dental models and manikins
- Students will learn about the latest restorative advances in computer assisted dentistry
- Training will be provided in facial rejuvenation techniques using facial fillers and neurotoxins
- The programme includes a unit on simple orthodontic tooth movements to align and level irregular teeth as an adjunct to restorative treatment particularly in the aesthetic zone
Why should you do this programme?
- To develop and refine your skills and techniques for individual tooth preparation and restoration
- To be able to competently plan and treat more complex restorative cases
- If you wish to increase the amount of private work you currently undertake and develop a referral practice
- To increase your understanding of evidence based dentistry to reduce the risk of litigation
- To achieve the recognition that a higher degree brings to your professional standing with colleagues and patients