Undergraduate Dental Programme in Valencia
The City of London is proud to announce a five-year undergraduate dental programme conducted in collaboration with GDC Education Ltd, taught at Universidad Católica de Valencia and approved by the Ministry of Education in Spain.
The degree is fully recognised by the General Dental Council in the UK and the academic part of the degree is fully taught and examined in English. for the full duration of 5 years.
The university building extends over 5.000m2 with excellent facilities and clinics for the teaching of dentistry offer a state-of-the-art learning environment. In addition to classrooms, library and study halls, the faculty has many specific facilities in-house equipped with cutting-edge technology that will help students make progress on their study and research work. These include practical and research laboratories, as well as an approved clinical establishment, UCV Clinics, where students will be able to treat patients.
This makes it possible for students to gain a greater hands-on appreciation of medical practice and so participate in an optimum learning environment as they are always supported by a professional team.
The programme is delivered in English by highly qualified teaching staff, in small classes of 40 students, offering a very personal level of teaching. The progress of each student is closely monitored, not only in terms of their academic development but also in terms of their personal growth. It is the goal of the university to ensure that students grow personally and professionally as well as acquire knowledge and technical skills.
The official title of the Degree is ‘Grado en Odontologia’ and the title upon graduation is ‘Graduado/a en Odontologia’.
Dental Training Clinics
The UCV dental clinics have all the technical equipment required to deliver and complete a high-quality dental education. The clinic is equipped with 50 dental units with the very latest state-of-the-art dental equipment and technologies. The University opened its new clinic in Valencia in March 2020; the facility is one of the best clinics in Europe.
Amongst the many benefits within the care package, the key benefits are
- Administration of recognition of qualifications with the Spanish Ministry of Education or UNED.
- Registering with the police etc and obtaining an NIE number.
- Arranging accommodation, negotiating contracts with landlords, arranging utilities, bank accounts, mobile phone etc.
- Monitoring academic progress throughout the year and intervening when things are not be going as well as they could.
- Legal and medical support 24 hours a day during term time.
- There is always someone to call at any time to help
- Three A levels a minimum of ABB at A’ Level, or equivalent, to include Biology and Chemistry.
- 5 GCSE at C and above
Undergraduate Dentistry Course Fees
- One-off cost for the pastoral care €6,000
- Annual University cost is €15,390