Digital Dental Academy - Level 7 PGCert/Diploma/MSc in Digital Dentistry
Be part of The UK’s FIRST Digital Dentistry Course.
With the facilities and educational distinction available at the City Of London Dental School, the collaboration with the Digital Dental Academy will provide a world first in 21st Century Digital Dental teaching enabling students to provide more predictable care and communicate with patients better in a familiar digital landscape.
- To lead to a comprehensive knowledge of Digital Dentistry
- Applied Science behind the hardware and software taught in an unbiased and research based format.
- Workflows to include in every day dentistry such as CAD design, CAM Material knoweledge, Milling and Finishing of prosthetics.
- 3D printing devices, software and materials.
- CBCT and Guided Surgery knowledge.
The first part is a Postgraduate Diploma.
You will then have the option of progressing to Diploma to a full Level 7 MClinDent in Digital Restorative Dentistry with a research proposal of your choice.
Aims & Objectives of the course
The Digital Dental Academy has grown into one of the worlds largest community of digital dentistry dedicated to the professions of dentists, technicians and auxillaries, offering courses on a range of digital dentistry subjects, and it is pleased to partner with the City of London Dental School to deliver the UK’s first Digital Dentistry Masters Degree.
The Masters programme is aimed at the higher educational needs of General Dental Practitioners who intend to introduce digital dentistry as a treatment modality into their practices or to expand on existing knowledge and skills. It also instils the core skills essential for the professional practice of dentistry using new technologies and a commitment to lifelong learning.
The objective is to provide dental surgeons with the core knowledge and clinical skills essential for the delivery of competent, high quality dental care in accordance with GDC recognised guidelines. Additionally, it is to promote an understanding of the different requirements essential to the provision of ethical, predictable and evidence based preventative, orthodontic, restorative and cosmetic dentistry.
The overall aim is to deliver sound teaching in the theory and safe practice of modern dentistry using cutting edge tools such as intra oral scanners, 3D Printers, Milling machines and Software aids. It aims to produce competent and reflective practitioners as well as encouraging opportunities for research and further postgraduate development. The programme aims are to:
- Provide unbiased teaching in the theory and practice of dentistry using digital tools and technologies.
- Create opportunities for personal and professional development
- Contribute to the research base of digital dentistry and to encourage research amongst practitioners
- Promote digital dentistry as a safe and practical method of treating patients
- Produce safe, competent and reflective practitioners
- Appraise levels of competency.
Objectives of the course
By the end of the programme, successful students will have acquired the knowledge, skills and experience to confidently:
- Deliver safe, predictable and competent dental treatment using digital technologies.
- Understand their role and responsibilities in the provision of dental treatment to their patients using these tools, together with their relationships to other colleagues and the dental care team.
- Be able to communicate effectively with other professionals in the management of complex cases requiring an interdisciplinary approach.
- Interpret research findings and their implications for dental treatment using digital dental software and hardware.
- Evaluate various treatment options, demonstrate proficiency in applying new cutting edge software and hardware techniques and reflect on all aspects relating to practice management, synthesising information gained from a wide variety of sources in order to develop an optimal and realistic treatment plan.
- Understand the major legal, ethical and social implications of treatment using these technologies.
Attendance and Study Mode
Much of the course will be delivered online as it entails computer training on various software and image manipulation some of which will be on a one to one basis as you plan actual cases. There will be a number of clinical session over the year as detailed in the course information document you can download.
To Apply click here and select DDA PGCert, Diploma or MSc in Digital Dentistry